Sunday, March 22, 2009

New year, New Things

So at the begining of the year my mom and sister Rachel came out to see us. My mom went home and my sister stayed. She is living with us for now. She found a job and is working. She says she likes it here and has made some friends. We have really enjoyed having her here. In Jan and Feb, she didn't have a job and we had a lot of sickness so she helped watch the kids when I had to work. The kids love having her around and I've really enjoyed her also.

I found out at the begining of the year that I developed an auto immune disease during my pregnancy that killed my thyroid. It's called Hosimotos disease. So my thyroid was ridiculously low. I have to take thyroid medication for the rest of my life but I have to say that it is a relief. I felt so awful. I was killing myself to lose the weight from the pregnancy with no luck and I was exhuasted all the time. My body ached, and so much more. I've been on medication for 2 1/2 months now and I've lost 20 pounds. I have energy I can consentrate and basically just feel better. So yeah for thyroid meds!


Here's a picture of the kids with Grandma

No comments: