Sunday, March 22, 2009

New Job, New Car and a good picture of the Family


In past posts,(if anyone can remember that long ago) I mentioned something about the FBI and Andrew. We had some interesting things happen. He went through both the first and second phase of testing and passed. But then he was not selected. It was a difficult time, there is no reason except maybe they were most likely looking for something he didn't have, such as a foreign language or IT skills etc.

Anyway, when one door closes another opens as the saying goes. A couple of months ago there was an advertisment for Parmele Law Firm that practices solely in Social Security disability claims. During law school, Andrew did his internship with an Administrative Law Judge for Social Security Administration, so he applied. They called him back, told him his resume was impressive, but the job was in Rolla Missouri. Andrew said thanks but no thanks. It would be to hard to sell the house right now and I have a good job.

A week or so later they called him again and told him they decided to open a position in Kansas City and asked if he was interested. Of course he was. After he had his interview and his references were checked, Parmele offered him an attorney position.

It will require him to travel to Topeka, Kansas about twice a week and also to either St Joseph, Missouri or Columbia, Missouri about once a week. These are all about 1 1/2 hour trips so he'll still be home every night. And last week when he went to St. Joe he beat me home! Occasionally, he'll have to go somewhere random, like California or Iowa. He has an office with a window that is close the Crown Center. And I have never seen him so happy about a job!!! But I took a picture of the 2 case files he brought home. I'm sure the excitment will wear off but he'll still enjoy it. We've waited for this for 2 years.



He has a conference in DC in May and I get to go with him!! I'm very excited. Grandma DeLaMare is going to watch the kids!


But since he has to drive so much he is now driving our Impala and we got a new car for me to drive. It's a Dodge Journey and is so fun!!




Life is really good and we are so grateful to our Heavenly Father for his constant care!


I will try to do a better job of updating this so that it doesn't take me 2 hours! Please read on for the rest of the blogs I posted today! I can't wait to hear comments if there is anyone who hasn't given up on me!






10 comments:

Melissa said...

Congrats. When in Columbia come see us. Check Wes' facebook for phone number.

Speaks Family said...

I am so happy for you guys! It is so nice when things work out for once in life, seriously! I am about to go on a two hour blog session myself. Got behind.

Unknown said...

Nice, nice! When he comes to California, if it's L.A. area, call us! We love visitors, and we don't get many. (NONE in two years!) We're easy to get to, not far from downtown, and an okay drive from Orange County. And, I love your new car!

Tina said...

That all sounds exciting. Isn't it crazy how things work out?! Hey! Let me know if you want to hang out in DC while Andrew is in a boring conference session. ;)

Colton Anne said...

Congrats on all the new things! I'm sure you are so relieved to have a job that he's happy with! Being happy with your job just makes all the difference in the world!!

Gretch said...

Congrats on the new job and car! I'm glad Andrew is happy and I hope he continues to love his job. I can't believe that you have a 7 year old! Crazy! I'm glad he had a fun b-day ice skating and eating IHOP. Is Baily really 1!? Wow, time does fly! Welcome to 29! Lets live this year up! I think it is awesome that you celebrate your birthday 2-4 days-you deserve it! :-) How fun that Rachel is living with you I bet it is a great help!

Sure miss you! Hopefully someday soon we can see each other!

Rod said...

It's great to see good things happening to great people! It's amazing how patience, hard work and faith help people get "lucky!"

Rod

Anonymous said...

Way to go Andrew. WE miss spending time with you guys andyour little family is so cute.

Life looks good!!!

Bob Gibson

Do anything you can afford said...

It's fun to hear that you guys are doing well. New cars and new jobs are fun. Grandparents are great for babysitting. I love to have mine (up to 14 now) come. Much love to you guys, we think of you often.
Evelyn Gibson

Ben and Laurie said...

That is so awesome. The job thing can be so stressful, but when it all works out we appreciate the Lord's hand in it so much more. Congrats!!! I'm glad you are so close. One of these days Ben's schedule will get better and we'll have to hook up. He's in St. Jo so maybe they can meet for lunch.