Friday, January 15, 2010

Grandmother's Funeral

We did have a sad event recently. My Grandmother on my dad's side passed away. She was my last living grandparent, and I'm going to miss her a great deal. I do know that she is now with my Granddad and I'm grateful for the plan of salvation and the knowledge that I have of it's truthfullness. Because I know that I will see her again, and I know that she is happy.


We had an interesting time getting to Colorado for the funeral. My sister Rachel and I flew out of Kansas City and took Bailey with us. Our flight out of KC sat on the tarmac for 2 and 1/2 hours. By the time we were in the air Bailey had had enough. She screamed at the top of her lungs for 10 minutes until she fell asleep!

But we missed our connection in Dallas to Grand Junction! The next flight didn't leave until 5:30n pm Which would get us in to GJ 7 hours after we were suppose to be there!!! YUCK!!!

But I guess if you're stuck in an airport for 6 hours with a not quite 2 year old. Dallas is the place to do it! I almost started crying when I saw that they had a play area for kids! Bailey was a trooper and she loved the escalator, we went up and down probably 50 times, and each time she said weeeeee!
I could not have done it without Rachel though! I'm so glad she was there, she's amazing!
Although the trip was for a sad reason It was reallyn great to see all my family! Some I haven't seen in years!! Out of 29 grandchildren there were 21 there. And lots of greatgrandchildren. I just want to say how grateful I am for all of my family immediate and extended. I'm truly blessed to come from such a good family!
I also got to spend time with my best friend Kim!! I miss her so much and it was great to get to spend a couple of days with her!

We did get home without incident (thankfully) and I'm really glad we got to go!
Here are some fun pictures of the whole group and the grandkids!

1 comment:

Zachary said...

It's true...our family is awesome. And you and I do like being the center of attention :)

It was so good to see you! Love the blog! Keep it coming!

Love you!