Sunday, August 3, 2008

Milestones

I'm sitting here at the computer at almost midnight wondering what on earth I'm doing still awake. I find sometimes it's the best time to get things done. Does anyone ever wish that we just didn't need as much sleep as we do? I know I usually feel like I need an extra couple of hours in the day. Granted I can find them if I sacrifice sleep, but eventually you have to pay the piper. I remember the days I could pull all nighters and not think twice about it. Now unfortunately I don't do well on any less than 6 hours of sleep and I would LOVE to have more like 10!! Okay I know in my dreams!!
Well a couple of milestones for the kids. Bailey is officially mobile. She can roll from back to stomach and from stomach to back. She can also sit up pretty well. She usually sits leaning forward supported by her hands. Today we watched her pull up to a straight sitting position, and hold it. It's so crazy that she's already doing all this. Parker did everything early and I was kind of hoping that little miss Bailey would take it slow. It doesn't look like that will be the case.
And Parker's milestone, in two weeks the kid starts 1st grade. It sounds so different from saying we have a kindergartner to saying we have a 1st grader. Honestly where does the time go?

For those of you that may be wondering what my darling husband has been up to since he passed the Bar exam, he's been working for Sprint, in the real estate department. However this week he takes starts the testing process for the FBI. Yes you are reading that correctly. He applied in October and found out last week that his application has been accepted to go to the testing phase. We have no idea how long this will take. When I asked him if he was excited about it, his response was, "Of course, who wouldn't want to say, 'I'm a special agent for the FBI' that's just sounds cool." He does however have to pass the background check! So if men in dark suits show up on any one's door step be sure to say nice things!!!!!

A little update on myself. I've started a business (like I don't have enough to do!) as a consultant for a company called BeautiControl. They specialize in spa quality products at home! It's a lot of fun to do the in-home spas and to meet new people. I have a website if anyone wants to check it out. www.beautipage.com/spaanywhere I have fallen in love with the products. Let me know if anyone is interested in knowing more.
No pictures tonight because it's late but I'll try to put some on in the morning.
I'd love to hear from everyone.
Have a wonderful week!!!!

6 comments:

Mommy Melissa said...

Hey, tell Andrew congrats on the FBI thing. That's so awesome! I guess I now know that someone in my ward is packing heat. I had no idea about that part. Wow! I can't believe Parker is that old. Good luck with Bailey now that she's mobile. Love ya!

Ben and Laurie said...

Hey--when are we going to hang out?
I know what you mean about wishing you could go on only a few hours of sleep. When did the FBI idea start? I didn't know anything about it!?

Unknown said...

Wow...sounds like a lot of exciting things are happening in your life. Wish I could be there to see it! I love you guys!

lasantine said...

Wow! how exciting!

Do anything you can afford said...

Good luck with the FBI testing. Eric S ended up as a policeman in Layton, UT. His goal was to be in the FBI. We are doing great and it's fun to reminise about the time when we were all together. E & B Gibson

Zachary said...

Good luck with the FBI! That is some serious stuff. I am sure the background checks will come up clean...right?

Good luck with your new business too. Is it multi-level? If you need any advice or have questions...let me know. It's all I do.