Monday, August 4, 2008

Flashbacks

I have to start my blog by telling you that yesterday as we were getting ready to leave for Church, Parker could only find ONE shoe. The one he found was in his closet where it was suppose to be, but we could not find the other one. So thus ensued the changing of clothes so he could wear his brown shoes. We also told Parker that he would have to clean his room today. Normally if I tell him to clean his room he will. And at first glance it looks pretty good. The floor will be clean and the bed will be made. But a closer inspection will reveal that he has things stuffed everywhere! So we had to do a real thorough cleaning to find the shoe. Of course this was not going to happen with out my help. I started pulling things out of corners and drawers that did not belong. I found ties in his lego bucket! And when I ask if his tie looks like a lego he just looks at me and shrugs! Ugh. So I put everything in the middle of the floor and try to get him to clean it up. I'm sure I did most of the work, but my flashback was to my childhood and my mother doing the same thing. My deepest apologies to my mom for all the stress of trying to get us to clean our rooms properly!! It didn't occur to me until just now to take pictures of his mess but I'm happy to say after almost all day the room is very clean and organized. And his comment, "It's nice to know where all my stuff is." Hmm imagine that!

Oh and we did find his shoe it was hiding behind his books on his bookshelf. Don't ask how it got there because I haven't the slightest idea!

Here's a couple of pics of the kiddos. I think they're cute, but what do I know?

5 comments:

Mommy Melissa said...

That's so funny! I remember those all day long room cleaning battles. Now that you mention it, I'm not so sure I want to be the mom in that situation. Oh well, Mom will get her revenge.

Zachary said...

Yes...your kids are cute. And obviously the shoe would be with the books. They both have the letter "o" as the third letter in their spellings. Duh!

Cary & Katrina Sanders said...

That is too funny about Parker's room! We have all learned that lesson the hard way havn't we?
Jessica sure enjoyed watching your kids last week. She was telling me what great kids they are!
I'd love to talk to your friend with the clubfoot baby! Now that we are on our 4th I have learned a few things. Pass my number on to her. (504)739-5512

Unknown said...

Man, I miss you all!

Speaks Family said...

I so remember stuffing things anywhere I could get them as a child. I'm on Parker's side. Just kidding. I've been bribing my kids with money to get them to clean their room. They are old enough to realize the power of money! Meg