Sunday, December 13, 2009

When I blog I really blog!! So I ran a 5K in October and loved every minute of it! Now I'm addicted to running! I've been running about 20 miles a week since then. And I'm going to run a 10 k in June and a half Marathon next October.
For someone who has NEVER enjoyed running this is a BIG deal. I actually really enjoy it. And a great benefit is I've lost 12 pounds since the beginning of November!! Okay that's the best benefit really. But I'm excited. I've only ran 5 miles at a time so far, so I need to keep working to increase that but I'll get there. Anyone who has any running expertise please feel free to give me some advice.


Now I'm going to be teaching a triathlon class at the YMCA on Fridays. That should be fun. And then we'll do an indoor sprint triathlon in March! Who would have thought?
Here's some pictures after I completed the 5k! I did it in 29 min. My goal was under 30! And these are the girls I ran with!!

2 comments:

Colton Anne said...

very impressed that you are going for a half marathon!! :)

Sleepless Sabra said...

Hey, are you doing Hospital Hill? I'm wanting to do the 10K venue at Hospital Hill this year. Maybe we'll see each other there! :)